- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
CTE Center Pharmacy Tech Graduate Receives Her White Coat at ACP
Wed, August 31, 2016
Katie B., a 2013 graduate of the Washington County Career and Technical Center’s Pharmacy Technician Program, received her white coat at an initiation ceremony on August 19th.
After completing her program and receiving her state pharmacy technician license, Katie worked in two major local pharmacies--Kmart in Abingdon and one of the Bristol Food City Locations. After following her passion by playing college soccer at Virginia Intermont College for a year, she went on to complete the pre-pharmacy prerequisite courses at Virginia Highlands Community College. She was accepted on the first round of selections this Spring by the Appalachian College of Pharmacy in Oakwood, Virginia.
When she completes her program at ACP, she hopes to return to working in retail pharmacy. Her success is due in part to the training and support she received at the CTE Center. The program has provided the community with several successful graduates. She appreciates the guidance she received from her instructor, Vickie Morrison, while she attended the CTECenter.