- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Holston High School Band Attends Canadian Brass Concert
Tue, January 31, 2017
On Thursday, January 19, 2017 the Holston High School Band traveled to the McGlothlin Center for the Arts and listened to a concert by the Canadian Brass. The ensemble is considered by many to be to be the world’s foremost brass ensemble.
The band travels all around the world performing at a wide array of venues. HHS Band members were among 500 other students who attended the morning session. The presentation was sponsored by the Emory & Henry College Music Department.
The Canadian Brass Band has cut over 130 albums and spends a large part of the year on tour. Its’ musicians aspire to be music educators and train the next generation of players.
WCYB television covered the event and interviewed HHS trombonist Jenna G. regarding her thoughts on the concert.