- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Meadowview Elementary 5th Graders Work Together to Learn
Mon, October 13, 2014
Fifth grade students at MES participated in a series of team building activities during the first week of school. One of the activities that Kyler T. and Angel G. completed was the pyramid activity.
This activity required all members of the group to work together to build a pyramid using only 10 cups, string, and a rubber band, without touching the cups with any part of their body. The members of the group were not allowed to use their hands during this activity. They quickly learned that communication was the key to successfully building their pyramid. Students enjoyed learning each other’s strengths during this particular activity.
After completing the pyramid activity, the class discussed what was needed to be successful. Several mentioned the fact that one member of the group needed to give directions and the others had to work together to ensure that directions were followed.