- School Board
- Human Resources and Operations
- Athletic Trainers
- Health and Wellness Program
- Previous Superintendents
- Washington County Community Scholars
- Closing of Schools Brochure
- Free/Reduced Meals Application
- Fee Reduction / Waiver Form
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Out of District / Out of Zone
- PTA Council
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration and Admission
- School Nutrition Refund/Funds Transfer Form
- Student Accident Claim Form
- Transcript Request
- Work Permits
- Online Services
Meadowview Elementary School: Who is Willie MacGurkle?
Fri, October 13, 2017
Who is Willie MacGurkle? No one really knows. However, students in Mrs. Duncan’s fourth grade Language Arts class, at Meadowview Elementary School, have a couple of inferences as to who he might be.
Mrs. Duncan read a poem titled Willie MacGurkle. The students had to listen to the story and illustrate Willie. Afterwards we tried to infer who Willie MacGurkle really was. This led to some amazing conversations and amazing inferences, such as: a Scarecrow, a homeless man, a gypsy, an undercover cop. In the end all we could do was infer who Willie MacGurkle was.